D4 Conference FAQs
Are you a seasoned Zonta Conference attendee and have tips for those new to the conference experience. Please share with us.
If you have more questions feel free to contact D4 Communicaitons to have your questions posted.
Frequently Asked Questions
Did You Receive the Welcome to Conference E-News from Conference Chair Toni Majchrzak?
Here is a downloadable PDF version of the E-News Welcome Letter.
What Hotel Amenities are available?
What Items may I want to pack?
- Your Zonta name tag.
- You are encouraged to wear ALL of your previous and current club, offices & committee chairs name tags. This is a great ice breaker exercise and means of introducing yourself to others. There will be prizes for a variety of categories. e.g. most, oldest, etc.
- Travel mugs or cups to top up at breakfast and lunch for Business Sessions.
- Your travel glass for beverages in your room, if you prefer something other than disposable cups.
- D4 Centennial pashmina, if you were lucky to purchase one.
- Reminder, often the temperature in conference rooms may not suit your preference. This is where one of the D4 pashminas may come in handy.
What is the Dress Code?
- Business casual for Conference business sessions, Thursday & Friday night receptions/dinner.
- Saturday night Gala dinner & evening entertainment will highlight music from the decades with the Ladies First Jazz Band. The Conference Committee invites all attending to wear their best clothing from the war era. Consider Flappers, Rock and Roll and dress for the band music. This is form of dress is optional.
Can I donate previous conference bags that are new or in good condition?
- Yes, the more the better!
- Donated bags will be passed on to our D4 Conference First-Timers.
Did your club collect items for the D4 Time Capsule?
What time do I need to be at the Hyatt on Friday?
- Registration & Credentials is open Friday, September 27th from 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM in the Grand Ballroom Hallway.
- First-Timers and Club Delegates & Alternates Meetings will be held from 2:00 PM – 2:30 PM in the Grand Ballroom D – G.
- D4 Office Candidates Meeting will be held from 2:30 PM – 2:45 PM in Grand Ballroom.
- D4 Conference attendees need to be seated in the Grand Ballroom D – G before 3:00 PM.
How do I get from the Wyndham to Hyatt?
- It is about an 8-minute walk, for the average person, to the Hyatt.
- Or take a 3-minute walk to Main St. to the Rapid Transit station. You will then ride on the Rapid Transit to the next station at Fountain Plaza which will stop at the Hyatt.
- The Wyndham also offers a shuttle which may be available upon request.
- Additional information about the Wyndham Garden.
What else do I need to bring besides my Zonta Store Items?
- Zonta Store tables are 6’ and will be skirted by the Hyatt for your club.
- It is suggested that clubs Do Not leave jewelry, small items or money in the Zonta Store room – even though it will be locked.
- It is suggested thay you bring a sheet to cover their things when the store is closed.
Hyatt Regency Buffalo
2 Fountain Plaza
Buffalo, NY 14202
Wyndham Garden Buffalo Downtown Hotel,
125 High Street
Buffalo, NY 14203