Rachel Lim, 2021 Zonta International & District 4 YWPA Winner.
The District 4 Awards Committee is very pleased to announce that Rachel Lim, submitted by the Zonta Club of Brampton-Caledon has been selected as the District 4 Young Women in Public Affairs scholarship recipient for 2021. Rachel will receive $1,500 from Zonta International as the District 4 recipient.
In addition, we are thrilled to announce that Rachel has been selected by Zonta International as one of ten International recipients of the Young Women in Public Affairs award. She will receive an additional $5,000 from Zonta International.
Rachel recently completed her first year at the University of Ottawa, majoring in Conflict Studies and Human Rights with a minor in Indigenous Studies. Her goal is to pursue a law degree in Indigenous Law.
Rachel has accumulated an impressive record of leadership and service throughout her academic career.
- Served as Head of External Affairs at Amnesty International uOttawa
- Actively volunteered with the Philanthropy Committee of the Conflict Studies and Human Rights Student Association
- Two-time President of the North Park Z-Club
- Member of MP Ruby Sahota’s Brampton North Youth Council
The District 4 Awards Committee received 12 applications from the clubs in District 4. The candidates were all exceptional young women. We wish to extend a sincere thank you to the District 4 Awards Committee members who participated in judging the District 4 YWPA Scholarship nominees and to all the clubs who submitted candidates.
District 4 Awards Committee Co-chairs
Beth Zak, Zonta Club of Three Rivers Pittsburgh North
Brenda Ulrich, Zonta Club of Lockport
District 4 Awards Committee Members
- Jane Newman, Zonta Club of Kitchener-Waterloo
- Marnie Piggot, Zonta Club of Oakville
- Judy Powers, Zonta Club of Hamburg-Orchard Park
- Alyce Van Patten, Zonta Club of Rochester