2023 YWPA Awardee Trisha Kotakonda’s application was submitted by the ZC of Toronto. This could be you!
2024 YOUNG WOMEN IN PUBLIC AFFAIRS AWARD
The Young Women in Public Affairs (YWPA) Award Program was established in 1990. Since the inception, Zonta has awarded 1,091 awards, totaling US $1,3 million dollars to 919 young women from 61countries. The current award is US $5000 to one candidate from each district.
The program goal is to encourage more young women to participate in public affairs by recognizing the candidate’s commitment to the volunteer sector, evidence of volunteer leadership achievements and a dedication to building a better world for women and girls.
Applicants aged 16-19 on 1st April 1st, 2024, studying at a secondary school, college or university are eligible to apply.
Suggestions for your Club:
- Review specific requirements for YWPA. Requirements differ for each award.
- Select a club due date of March 1st to receive completed applications. This allows your committee time to review applications before submitting one to the district by April 1st.
- Customize application form with club name, email address, contact person and due date.
- Essay is limited to 500 words!! Entire application must be typed.
- Review for completeness, including, but not limited to transcripts, verification of enrollment and references which must be submitted directly to the club.
- Submit to the District 4 Governor by the due date: April 1st as a single document with the Cover Sheet signed by your Club President: [email protected]
The Awards Committee encourages clubs to publicize this award including reaching out to local high schools, colleges and universities. We also encourage clubs to post on your website and social media pages.
Note: Your club is not required to provide a Club scholarship; consider recognizing the applicant at a dinner or event.
Questions? Contact the committee in advance if you have questions or need additional information: [email protected].
The Zonta.org website contains a wealth of information under the Our Programs Tab.