The Jane M. Klausman Women in Business Award is available to women pursuing a business program. For a complete list of eligible majors, refer to the JMK Women in Business Scholarship Description on the www.Zonta.org website under the Our Programs Tab/ Education. ZI will award a $5000 scholarship to an applicant in each district. The ZI website includes a wealth of information to assist clubs including a detailed Scholarship Description, Application and Poster.
Students must be enrolled
- at an accredited university/college including online institutions
- in at least the second year of an undergraduate program through a Master’s Degree Program
- and cannot graduate before April 2024.
- There are no age restrictions for this award.
Suggestions for your Club:
- Review specific requirements.
- Select a due date to receive completed applications. Committee suggests July 1st due to the summer holidays.
- Customize application form with club name, email address, contact person and due date.
- Essay is limited to 500 words!!
- Review for completeness, including, but not limited to references, transcripts, verification of enrollment.
- Submit to District 4 Awards Committee by the due date August 15th as a single document with the Cover Sheet signed by your Club President.
The Awards Committee encourages clubs to publicize this award including reaching out to local colleges and universities. We also encourage clubs to post on your website and social media pages.
Note: Your club is not required to provide a Club scholarship; consider recognizing the applicant at a dinner or an event.
Questions? Contact the committee in advance if you have questions or need additional information: [email protected] We will contact ZI if we need clarification.